- Is the Federal Reserve really tightening? So far, not so much.
- A Greek-Italian restaurant can tell you a lot about real world inflation
- Confused by TIPS prices? Here’s a walk-through.
- New 10-year TIPS gets real yield of 0.630% at auction, a nice result for investors
- This week’s 10-year TIPS auction has ‘potential’
- Social Security COLA looks likely to rise about 10% for 2023
- June inflation hits new highs: 1.3% for the month, 9.1% year over year
- A 10-year TIPS is maturing Friday. How did it do as an investment?
- Looking to put cash to work? Consider short-term Treasury bills
- Are TIPS broken?
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: January 2012
Because I am a saver, not a borrower, I am not a big fan of our current super-low interest rates, especially in safe investments like Treasuries, money market accounts and bank CDs. So I have been hoping to see some … Continue reading
The Treasury today announced that its new issue 10-year Treasury Inflation-Protected Security, CUSIP 912828SA9, auctioned at a yield to maturity of -0.046%, the lowest rate ever for a 10-year TIPS and the first-ever negative yield for a 10-year TIPS. As … Continue reading
Good question on I Bonds today from reader Dan: From what I read here and elsewhere, that base rate of 0% holds for the full 30 years and the variable part changes each 6 months. Is it ever the case … Continue reading
The U.S. Treasury today, as expected, announced its Jan. 19 auction of a new 10-year Treasury Inflation-Protected Security. Here it is if you want to view it (.pdf) But that pdf won’t tell you much. It is a 10-year TIPS, … Continue reading
The official announcement will come Jan. 12, but we know the Treasury will auction a new 10-year TIPS, CUSIP 912828SA9, on Thursday, Jan. 19. The question is: Should we consider buying this Treasury Inflation-Protected Security? Normally, for me, a new … Continue reading