- 10-year TIPS reopening looks likely to hover near record-low real yield
- August inflation: What it means for Social Security COLA, I Bonds and TIPS
- I Bonds vs. TIPS: What’s the best bet for inflation protection?
- Here’s what a Greek-Italian restaurant can teach you about inflation
- 30-year TIPS reopening auction gets a record-low real yield of -0.292%
- This week’s 30-year TIPS reopening auction could set a record-low yield
- July inflation: What it means for TIPS, I Bonds and Social Security COLA
- Any chance the Treasury will raise the I Bond’s fixed rate in November?
- A 10-year TIPS matured in July. How did it do as an investment?
- Auction of new 10-year TIPS gets record-low real yield of -1.016%
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: March 2012
The Treasury just posted the results for CUSIP 912828SA9, a 9-year, 10-month reissue. The previous low for any 10-year TIPS issue or reissue was this same CUSIP 912828SA9, first issued on Jan. 19. It went off two months ago at … Continue reading
It’s been an interesting month for Treasuries – just read the reports, all over the Web, about the end of the Treasury bull market, the coming Treasury bear market, steeply rising interest rates, and on and on. But if you … Continue reading
Jan. 8, 2015, update: TIPS investors: Why the inflation breakeven rate is your friend A curious thing happened last week. The Treasury market took a hit, with the yield on a traditional 10-year Treasury rising to 2.31%, its highest level since … Continue reading
This wasn’t a big surprise, with gas prices soaring in the last few weeks. From the Associated Press report: The Labor Department says the consumer price index rose 0.4 percent in February, the largest increase in 10 months. Gas prices … Continue reading
The formal announcement is supposed to come Thursday, but the Treasury has already let it slip that it will auction a reissue of CUSIP 912828SA9 on March 22. This Treasury Inflation-Protected Security was first issued on Jan. 19, with a coupon … Continue reading