- Is the Federal Reserve really tightening? So far, not so much.
- A Greek-Italian restaurant can tell you a lot about real world inflation
- Confused by TIPS prices? Here’s a walk-through.
- New 10-year TIPS gets real yield of 0.630% at auction, a nice result for investors
- This week’s 10-year TIPS auction has ‘potential’
- Social Security COLA looks likely to rise about 10% for 2023
- June inflation hits new highs: 1.3% for the month, 9.1% year over year
- A 10-year TIPS is maturing Friday. How did it do as an investment?
- Looking to put cash to work? Consider short-term Treasury bills
- Are TIPS broken?
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: November 2012
I was on vacation last week and away from computers and the Internet (mostly), so I didn’t get a chance to write about Wednesday’s reissue auction of CUSIP 912828TE0, effectively creating a 9-year 8-month TIPS. Read the Treasury’s announcement. Demand … Continue reading
The U.S. Treasury announced today it will reissue a 10-year Treasury Inflation-Protected Security, CUSIP 912828TE0, effectively creating a 9-year 8-month TIPS. Read the announcement. What we know: This TIPS has a coupon rate of 0.125%, the lowest the Treasury offers … Continue reading
Rising food costs and higher rents offset a drop in gas prices last month, leaving consumer prices only slightly higher in October compared with the previous month. From the Associated Press report: The consumer price index rose a seasonally adjusted … Continue reading