- Is the Federal Reserve really tightening? So far, not so much.
- A Greek-Italian restaurant can tell you a lot about real world inflation
- Confused by TIPS prices? Here’s a walk-through.
- New 10-year TIPS gets real yield of 0.630% at auction, a nice result for investors
- This week’s 10-year TIPS auction has ‘potential’
- Social Security COLA looks likely to rise about 10% for 2023
- June inflation hits new highs: 1.3% for the month, 9.1% year over year
- A 10-year TIPS is maturing Friday. How did it do as an investment?
- Looking to put cash to work? Consider short-term Treasury bills
- Are TIPS broken?
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: June 2013
The market for Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities rebounded nicely last week after several days of panic selling in the wake of Federal Reserve Chairman’s Ben Bernanke’s comments on ‘tapering’ of the Fed’s bond-buying stimulus program. The TIP ETF rose 2.8% on … Continue reading
After about six weeks of turmoil in the markets for Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities, we have seen yields on TIPS rise dramatically and a resulting free-fall in market prices on TIPS and and TIPS mutual funds. A recap: The 5-year TIPS … Continue reading
The U.S. Treasury just announced that its 29-year, 8-month reissue of a Treasury Inflation-Protected Security auctioned with a yield of 1.42%, capping a spectacular run-up in yield in recent days. Read the announcement. This TIPS, CUSIP 912810RA8, was trading at … Continue reading
Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke today told the world what we already knew: The U.S. economy is gradually improving, and if this improvement continues, the Fed will begin tapering off its bond-buying stimulus program, possibly this year. Bernanke set this … Continue reading
U.S. inflation continued at a mild pace in May, rising just 0.1% on a seasonally adjusted basis and creating a ‘headline’ inflation rate of 1.4% over the last 12 months. Here’s the summary report. The non-seasonally adjusted number was 0.2%, … Continue reading