- 10-year TIPS reopening looks likely to hover near record-low real yield
- August inflation: What it means for Social Security COLA, I Bonds and TIPS
- I Bonds vs. TIPS: What’s the best bet for inflation protection?
- Here’s what a Greek-Italian restaurant can teach you about inflation
- 30-year TIPS reopening auction gets a record-low real yield of -0.292%
- This week’s 30-year TIPS reopening auction could set a record-low yield
- July inflation: What it means for TIPS, I Bonds and Social Security COLA
- Any chance the Treasury will raise the I Bond’s fixed rate in November?
- A 10-year TIPS matured in July. How did it do as an investment?
- Auction of new 10-year TIPS gets record-low real yield of -1.016%
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: December 2013
Holders of mutual funds investing in Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities won’t be sad to see 2013 fade away: It’s been the worst year for TIPS values since the Treasury instrument was launched in 1997. The TIP ETF – which holds a … Continue reading
The Treasury just announced the results of today’s reopening of CUSIP 912828UX6, a 4-year, 4-month TIPS that auctioned with a yield to maturity of -0.375%, plus inflation. Because this TIPS carries a coupon rate of 0.125% – the lowest the … Continue reading
The Federal Reserve, in an announcement that slightly surprised the financial markets, announced today that it will reduce its $85 billion a month in bond purchases by $10 billion starting in January. The move was anticipated, but most market-watchers expected … Continue reading
Inflation – as measured by the Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) – was unchanged in November on a seasonally adjusted basis, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Over the last 12 months, this index – … Continue reading
The Treasury announced Thursday it is reopening CUSIP 912828UX6, creating a 4-year 4-month TIPS with a coupon rate of 0.125%. Because of upcoming holidays, the auction on Thursday, Dec. 19, will end earlier than usual: 11 a.m. for noncompetitive bids … Continue reading