- Is the Federal Reserve really tightening? So far, not so much.
- A Greek-Italian restaurant can tell you a lot about real world inflation
- Confused by TIPS prices? Here’s a walk-through.
- New 10-year TIPS gets real yield of 0.630% at auction, a nice result for investors
- This week’s 10-year TIPS auction has ‘potential’
- Social Security COLA looks likely to rise about 10% for 2023
- June inflation hits new highs: 1.3% for the month, 9.1% year over year
- A 10-year TIPS is maturing Friday. How did it do as an investment?
- Looking to put cash to work? Consider short-term Treasury bills
- Are TIPS broken?
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: May 2014
The Treasury just announced that the reopening of CUSIP 912828B25 auctioned with a yield to maturity of 0.339%, plus inflation. This is a 9-year, 8-month TIPS with a coupon rate of 0.625%. That yield, which was expected, is a big … Continue reading
The U.S. Treasury is reopening CUSIP 912828B25 in an auction today, creating a 9-year, 8-month Treasury Inflation-Protected Security with a coupon rate of 0.625%. I wrote about this last week and noted that the likely yield to maturity on this … Continue reading
The U.S. Treasury announced today it will reopen CUSIP 912828B25 in a May 22 auction, creating a 9-year, 8-month Treasury Inflation-Protected Security with a coupon rate of 0.625%. Noncompetitive bidding closes at noon and competitive bidding ends at 1 p.m. … Continue reading
The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) increased 0.3% in April on a seasonally adjusted basis, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. This number, which was expected, resulted in an inflation rate of 2.0% over the … Continue reading