- 10-year TIPS reopening looks likely to hover near record-low real yield
- August inflation: What it means for Social Security COLA, I Bonds and TIPS
- I Bonds vs. TIPS: What’s the best bet for inflation protection?
- Here’s what a Greek-Italian restaurant can teach you about inflation
- 30-year TIPS reopening auction gets a record-low real yield of -0.292%
- This week’s 30-year TIPS reopening auction could set a record-low yield
- July inflation: What it means for TIPS, I Bonds and Social Security COLA
- Any chance the Treasury will raise the I Bond’s fixed rate in November?
- A 10-year TIPS matured in July. How did it do as an investment?
- Auction of new 10-year TIPS gets record-low real yield of -1.016%
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: August 2014
The Treasury Department sold $16 billion in 5-year Treasury inflation-protected securities Thursday at a yield of -0.281%. That’s from Marketwatch … I am on the road.
I will be traveling Thursday and so I won’t be able to post any before- or after-thoughts on Thursday’s reopening of CUSIP 912828C99, creating a 4-Year 8-Month Treasury Inflation-Protected Security with a coupon rate of 0.125%. So let’s take a … Continue reading
The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) increased 0.1% in July on a seasonally adjusted basis, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Over the last 12 months, this ‘headline’ inflation rate increased 2.0%. The 0.1% number … Continue reading
The US Treasury just formally announced it will reopen CUSIP 912828C99 at auction next Thursday, creating a 4-Year 8-Month Treasury Inflation-Protected Security with a coupon rate of 0.125%. This TIPS was originally auctioned on April 17, with a yield to … Continue reading