- Is the Federal Reserve really tightening? So far, not so much.
- A Greek-Italian restaurant can tell you a lot about real world inflation
- Confused by TIPS prices? Here’s a walk-through.
- New 10-year TIPS gets real yield of 0.630% at auction, a nice result for investors
- This week’s 10-year TIPS auction has ‘potential’
- Social Security COLA looks likely to rise about 10% for 2023
- June inflation hits new highs: 1.3% for the month, 9.1% year over year
- A 10-year TIPS is maturing Friday. How did it do as an investment?
- Looking to put cash to work? Consider short-term Treasury bills
- Are TIPS broken?
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: February 2016
The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) was unchanged in January on a seasonally adjusted basis, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Over the last 12 months, ‘headline’ inflation increased 1.4%. Non-seasonally adjusted inflation – which … Continue reading
The Treasury just announced that its auction of a new 30-year Treasury Inflation-Protected Security – CUSIP 912810RR1 – resulted in a real yield to maturity (after inflation) of 1.12% and coupon rate of 1.0%. In addition to that coupon, the … Continue reading
CUSIP 912810RR1 is a new 30-year TIPS and today’s auction closes at noon for non-competitive bids and 1 p.m. for competitive bids. The coupon rate and real yield to maturity (after inflation) will be determined by the auction. Here is how … Continue reading
The Treasury will auction a new 30-year Treasury Inflation-Protected Security – CUSIP 912810RR1 – next Thursday. The coupon rate and real yield to maturity (after inflation) will be determined at the auction. Here’s what we can say today, a week away … Continue reading