- Is the Federal Reserve really tightening? So far, not so much.
- A Greek-Italian restaurant can tell you a lot about real world inflation
- Confused by TIPS prices? Here’s a walk-through.
- New 10-year TIPS gets real yield of 0.630% at auction, a nice result for investors
- This week’s 10-year TIPS auction has ‘potential’
- Social Security COLA looks likely to rise about 10% for 2023
- June inflation hits new highs: 1.3% for the month, 9.1% year over year
- A 10-year TIPS is maturing Friday. How did it do as an investment?
- Looking to put cash to work? Consider short-term Treasury bills
- Are TIPS broken?
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: August 2016
Summary The after-inflation yield of -.209% is the lowest since an auction in April 2015. Buyers had to pay a premium, about $103.27 for $101.69 of value, when accrued inflation is added in. The inflation breakeven rate was 1.32%, making … Continue reading
Summary July inflation came in under the consensus estimate of 0.2%. Gasoline prices fell sharply, breaking a four-month string of increases. Non-seasonally adjusted inflation fell 0.16% for the month, which will lower TIPS principal balances in September. Read my full … Continue reading
Summary The after-inflation yield looks likely to come in around -0.20%. Buyers will pay a premium for the coupon rate of 0.125%, probably about $100.71 for $100 of value. The inflation breakeven rate remains low enough to make this TIPS … Continue reading