- Is the Federal Reserve really tightening? So far, not so much.
- A Greek-Italian restaurant can tell you a lot about real world inflation
- Confused by TIPS prices? Here’s a walk-through.
- New 10-year TIPS gets real yield of 0.630% at auction, a nice result for investors
- This week’s 10-year TIPS auction has ‘potential’
- Social Security COLA looks likely to rise about 10% for 2023
- June inflation hits new highs: 1.3% for the month, 9.1% year over year
- A 10-year TIPS is maturing Friday. How did it do as an investment?
- Looking to put cash to work? Consider short-term Treasury bills
- Are TIPS broken?
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: May 2017
Summary Real yields fell sharply this week in reaction to White House turmoil. The 10-year inflation breakeven rate came in at an attractive 1.79%, making this TIPS attractive versus a nominal Treasury. Market reaction looks positive, with TIPS yields falling … Continue reading
Summary CUSIP 912828V49 is currently trading in the secondary market with a real yield of 0.47%. If you are considering a purchase, watch the secondary market, which will predict the likely yield. The 10-year inflation-breakeven rate is currently at an … Continue reading
Summary Headline inflation was 2.2% over the last 12 months, down from 2.7% in February. Year-over-year core inflation dropped to 1.9%, the lowest number since October 2015. These numbers ease pressure on the Federal Reserve. Rate increases coming? Probably, but … Continue reading
Summary A 26-week Treasury just auctioned with an investment yield of 1.036%. 13-week yields are closing in on the 1% mark and may outperform your cash holdings. These short-term Treasurys can be purchased without commissions or fees and are ultra-safe … Continue reading
Summary A Charlotte restaurant offers a unique look at inflation over 54 years. Think gas prices were cheap in 1963? They still are. The stock market has been the best hedge against inflation since 1963. Is that a positive thing? … Continue reading