- 10-year TIPS reopening looks likely to hover near record-low real yield
- August inflation: What it means for Social Security COLA, I Bonds and TIPS
- I Bonds vs. TIPS: What’s the best bet for inflation protection?
- Here’s what a Greek-Italian restaurant can teach you about inflation
- 30-year TIPS reopening auction gets a record-low real yield of -0.292%
- This week’s 30-year TIPS reopening auction could set a record-low yield
- July inflation: What it means for TIPS, I Bonds and Social Security COLA
- Any chance the Treasury will raise the I Bond’s fixed rate in November?
- A 10-year TIPS matured in July. How did it do as an investment?
- Auction of new 10-year TIPS gets record-low real yield of -1.016%
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: September 2017
Summary The after-inflation yield of 0.450% was 20 basis points higher than where 10-year TIPS were trading on September 8. Today’s investors benefited from the Federal Reserve’s announced intention Wednesday to unwind its bond portfolio and continue gradually increasing short-term … Continue reading
Summary The current real yield of 0.34% would fall below results for the last five 9- to 10-year TIPS auctions. At that yield, investors would have to pay a slight premium to par value. The current inflation breakeven rate of … Continue reading
Summary CPI-U increased 0.4% in August, an upside surprise that broke a string of smaller-than-expected numbers. Non-seasonally adjusted inflation increased 0.3%, which will boost TIPS principal balances in October and brings the I Bond’s future variable rate up to 1.4%, … Continue reading