- Is the Federal Reserve really tightening? So far, not so much.
- A Greek-Italian restaurant can tell you a lot about real world inflation
- Confused by TIPS prices? Here’s a walk-through.
- New 10-year TIPS gets real yield of 0.630% at auction, a nice result for investors
- This week’s 10-year TIPS auction has ‘potential’
- Social Security COLA looks likely to rise about 10% for 2023
- June inflation hits new highs: 1.3% for the month, 9.1% year over year
- A 10-year TIPS is maturing Friday. How did it do as an investment?
- Looking to put cash to work? Consider short-term Treasury bills
- Are TIPS broken?
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: October 2017
Summary How does the Treasury determine the I Bond fixed rate? It’s a mystery. A recent surge in 5-year real yields seems to justify an increase in the fixed rate, and 10-year real yields are also rising. Most I Bond … Continue reading
Summary The after-inflation yield came in right on target, based on pre-auction trading in this TIPS on the secondary market. The inflation breakeven rate was a moderate 1.92%. This TIPS seems fairly priced versus a nominal 30-year Treasury. Long-term real … Continue reading
Summary I Bond investors have entered 2017’s limbo period: Buy now, or wait until November? If you view I Bonds as a short-term investment, buying now seems to be the wisest decision. Investors longing for a higher fixed rate than … Continue reading
Summary Buy-and-trade investors ought to be at least a little frightened; 30-year TIPS are very volatile investments. The real yield for this TIPS is currently trading very close to the 0.875% coupon rate. It should auction at close to par … Continue reading
Summary Hurricane-boosted gasoline prices have caused a two-month surge in overall inflation. The Social Security cost-of-living adjustment will be 2.0% for 2018, lower than the Social Security Administration’s projection but higher than looked likely three months ago. The I Bond … Continue reading