- Is the Federal Reserve really tightening? So far, not so much.
- A Greek-Italian restaurant can tell you a lot about real world inflation
- Confused by TIPS prices? Here’s a walk-through.
- New 10-year TIPS gets real yield of 0.630% at auction, a nice result for investors
- This week’s 10-year TIPS auction has ‘potential’
- Social Security COLA looks likely to rise about 10% for 2023
- June inflation hits new highs: 1.3% for the month, 9.1% year over year
- A 10-year TIPS is maturing Friday. How did it do as an investment?
- Looking to put cash to work? Consider short-term Treasury bills
- Are TIPS broken?
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: February 2018
Summary The real yield of 1.003% set the coupon rate at 1%, which is favorable for investors. The inflation breakeven rate came in at 2.12%, up 28 basis points from a June 2017 auction of a similar term. The market … Continue reading
Summary The 0.5% increase in ‘headline’ inflation was well above the 0.3% consensus estimate. Core inflation rose 0.3%, also above the consensus estimate of 0.2%. Non-seasonally adjusted inflation rose 0.54% in January; what does this mean for holders of TIPS … Continue reading
Summary 30-year real yields have been climbing, but not as quickly as yields for 5- and 10-year TIPS. The inflation breakeven rate is currently a reasonable 2.15%, making this issue competitive with a nominal 30-year Treasury. Risk/reward just isn’t good … Continue reading
Summary Your cash in brokerage accounts is probably earning near zero. And your local bank or credit union won’t offer you much more. 4-week Treasurys are paying top-of-the-market yields with a very short term. They will react quickly to rising … Continue reading