- 10-year TIPS reopening looks likely to hover near record-low real yield
- August inflation: What it means for Social Security COLA, I Bonds and TIPS
- I Bonds vs. TIPS: What’s the best bet for inflation protection?
- Here’s what a Greek-Italian restaurant can teach you about inflation
- 30-year TIPS reopening auction gets a record-low real yield of -0.292%
- This week’s 30-year TIPS reopening auction could set a record-low yield
- July inflation: What it means for TIPS, I Bonds and Social Security COLA
- Any chance the Treasury will raise the I Bond’s fixed rate in November?
- A 10-year TIPS matured in July. How did it do as an investment?
- Auction of new 10-year TIPS gets record-low real yield of -1.016%
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: January 2019
Summary The real yield came in 19 basis points below a similar reopening auction in November 2018, just two months ago. The inflation breakeven rate of 1.82% was the lowest for this term since an auction in September 2017, a … Continue reading
Summary The trend is pointing toward a real yield to maturity of around 0.88%, down substantially from levels in November and December. The inflation breakeven rate is currently at 1.83%, a favorable number that should boost demand for this new … Continue reading
Summary Bad news for holders of TIPS and I Bonds: Non-seasonally adjusted inflation fell 0.32% in December. Falling energy prices again accounted for almost all the decline in overall inflation. Core inflation remains moderate and steady at 2.2%. The December … Continue reading