- Is the Federal Reserve really tightening? So far, not so much.
- A Greek-Italian restaurant can tell you a lot about real world inflation
- Confused by TIPS prices? Here’s a walk-through.
- New 10-year TIPS gets real yield of 0.630% at auction, a nice result for investors
- This week’s 10-year TIPS auction has ‘potential’
- Social Security COLA looks likely to rise about 10% for 2023
- June inflation hits new highs: 1.3% for the month, 9.1% year over year
- A 10-year TIPS is maturing Friday. How did it do as an investment?
- Looking to put cash to work? Consider short-term Treasury bills
- Are TIPS broken?
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: February 2013
I was away from my computer last week, and updating a blog with an iPad is pretty much hell on Earth. So, I’m catching up. On Thursday, the same day as the 30-year TIPS auction, the U.S. announced that ‘headline’ … Continue reading
The U.S. Treasury announced today that it auctioned a new 30-year Treasury Inflation-Protected Security, with a coupon rate of 0.625%, and a yield to maturity of 0.639%. This is CUSIP 912810RA8. Buyers are getting a yield well above the record low … Continue reading
Are bonds, especially Treasurys, in a bubble, driven up by by a mob of wild-eyed coupon clippers, fighting to get 0.87% on a five-year traditional Treasury? I ran across these comments from Bill Gross, co-founder of Pacific Investment Management who … Continue reading
The Treasury will announce this tomorrow, but as usual it let some details slip out. On Feb. 21, it will auction a new 30-year Treasury Inflation-Protected Security, CUSIP 912810RA8. Update: Here is the announcement. The coupon rate and yield to … Continue reading
As one of the world’s most boring investments, Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities generally don’t get a lot of press. But lately, TIPS are getting all sorts of play in the Wall Street Journal, both negative (mostly) and positive (somewhat). Article No. … Continue reading