|Security Type||New or reopening?||Announcement Date||Auction Date|
|30-Year TIPS||New||Thursday, Feb. 14, 2019||Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019|
|10-year TIPS||Reopening||Thursday, Mar. 14, 2019||Thursday, Mar. 21, 2019|
|5-Year TIPS||New||Thursday, Apr. 11, 2019||Thursday, Apr. 18, 2019|
|10-Year TIPS||Reopening||Thursday, May 16, 2019||Thursday, May 23, 2019|
|5-Year TIPS *||Reopening||Thursday, June 13, 2019||Thursday, June 20, 2019|
|10-Year TIPS||New||Thursday, July 11, 2019||Thursday, July 18, 2019|
* This reflects the Treasury’s new schedule – as of 2019 – of TIPS auctions.
We can expect a TIPS auction every month of the year, with some new issues and some reissues. The Treasury lately has tended to ignore the announcement dates it lists, you can often find details about a TIPS auction a week earlier on TreasuryDirect.gov.
Here is Treasury’s new schedule of auctions, updated for 2019:
- January. New 10-year TIPS.
- February. New 30-year TIPS.
- March. Reopening of January 10-year.
- April. New 5-year TIPS.
- May. Reopening of January 10-year.
- June. Reopening of April 5-year.
- July. New 10-year TIPS.
- August. Reopening of February’s 30-year.
- September. Reopening of July 10-year.
- October. New 5-year TIPS.
- November. Reopening of July 10-year.
- December. Reopening of October 5-year.