|Security Type||New or reopening?||Announcement Date||Auction Date|
|5-Year TIPS||New||Thursday, Apr. 13, 2017||Thursday, Apr. 20, 2017|
|10-Year TIPS||Reopening||Thursday, May 11, 2017||Thursday, May 18, 2017|
|30-Year TIPS||Reopening||Thursday, June 15, 2017||Thursday, June 22, 2017|
|10-Year TIPS||New||Thursday, July 13, 2017||Thursday, July 20, 2017|
We can expect a TIPS auction every month of the year, with some new issues and some reissues. The Treasury lately has tended to ignore the announcement dates it lists, you can often find details about a TIPS auction a week earlier on TreasuryDirect.gov.
Here is the traditional pattern of TIPS auctions:
- January. New 10-year TIPS.
- February. New 30-year TIPS.
- March. Reopening of January 10-year.
- April. New 5-year TIPS.
- May. Reopening of January 10-year.
- June. Reopening of February 30-year.
- July. New 10-year TIPS.
- August. Reopening of April 5-year.
- September. Reopening of July 10-year.
- October. Reopening of February 30-year.
- November. Reopening of July 10-year.
- December. Reopening of April 5-year.