|Security Type||New or reopening?||Announcement Date||Auction Date|
|30-Year TIPS||New||Thursday, Feb. 14, 2019||Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019|
|10-year TIPS||Reopening||Thursday, Mar. 14, 2019||Thursday, Mar. 21, 2019|
|5-Year TIPS||New||Thursday, Apr. 11, 2019||Thursday, Apr. 18, 2019|
|10-Year TIPS||Reopening||Thursday, May 16, 2019||Thursday, May 23, 2019|
|5-Year TIPS *||Reopening||Thursday, June 13, 2019||Thursday, June 20, 2019|
|10-Year TIPS||New||Thursday, July 11, 2019||Thursday, July 18, 2019|
* The Treasury’s tentative auction schedule as of Feb. 8 was showing a 5-year TIPS auction on June 20, which would not follow the usual pattern. This could be a typo. According to the normal pattern, this would be a 30-year TIPS reopening.
We can expect a TIPS auction every month of the year, with some new issues and some reissues. The Treasury lately has tended to ignore the announcement dates it lists, you can often find details about a TIPS auction a week earlier on TreasuryDirect.gov.
Here is the traditional pattern of TIPS auctions:
- January. New 10-year TIPS.
- February. New 30-year TIPS.
- March. Reopening of January 10-year.
- April. New 5-year TIPS.
- May. Reopening of January 10-year.
- June. Reopening of February 30-year.
- July. New 10-year TIPS.
- August. Reopening of April 5-year.
- September. Reopening of July 10-year.
- October. Reopening of February 30-year.
- November. Reopening of July 10-year.
- December. Reopening of April 5-year.