- 10-year TIPS reopening gets real yield of -0.939%, well off record low
- 10-year TIPS reopening looks likely to hover near record-low real yield
- August inflation: What it means for Social Security COLA, I Bonds and TIPS
- I Bonds vs. TIPS: What’s the best bet for inflation protection?
- Here’s what a Greek-Italian restaurant can teach you about inflation
- 30-year TIPS reopening auction gets a record-low real yield of -0.292%
- This week’s 30-year TIPS reopening auction could set a record-low yield
- July inflation: What it means for TIPS, I Bonds and Social Security COLA
- Any chance the Treasury will raise the I Bond’s fixed rate in November?
- A 10-year TIPS matured in July. How did it do as an investment?
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Savings Bond
Let’s be realistic. It won’t happen. By David Enna, Tipswatch.com This is a question I’ve been getting often in reader e-mails: “Dave, do you think the Treasury will raise the I Bond’s fixed rate in November? Should I wait until … Continue reading
Hint: It won’t be a thing of beauty. But investors may snatch it up. By David Enna, Tipswatch.com The U.S. Treasury on Thursday will offer $16 billion in a new 10-year Treasury Inflation-Protected Security, CUSIP 91282CCM1. The coupon rate and … Continue reading
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com The March inflation report, released April 13, is going to create a lot of interest in U.S. Series I Savings Bonds, because the bond’s inflation-adjusted variable rate – for purchases from May to October — will … Continue reading
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com U.S. inflation surged 0.6% in March, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today, and provided the final piece of data to determine the new variable rate for U.S. Series I Savings Bonds: a whopping 3.54%, annualized, … Continue reading
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com As expected, U.S. inflation surged 0.4% in February, triggered primarily by rising gasoline prices. But the overall February inflation report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, released this morning, is a bag of mixed messages. One … Continue reading