- Another milestone: The yield advantage for EE Savings Bonds has disappeared
- 10-year TIPS reopening auction gets real yield of 1.248%, highest in more than 12 years
- Short-term Treasurys: Even more attractive now.
- This week’s 10-year TIPS reopening auction is worth a serious look
- The TIP ETF just dipped below $110. Is that a buy signal?
- Charts tell the story: The Federal Reserve has room to move (and keep) rates higher
- U.S. inflation rose 0.1% in August: What it means for TIPS, I Bonds and Social Security COLA
- Let’s ‘try’ to clarify how an I Bond’s interest is calculated
- Video: An economist offers a common-sense look at U.S. inflation
- What’s up with those crazy real yields on ultra-short-term TIPS?
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Author Archives: Tipswatch
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com I’ve been pondering recently whether the Treasury will raise the I Bond’s fixed rate above 0.0% at the November 1 reset, and one side of my brain says, “Well, it should” while the other side says, … Continue reading
Investors benefited from turmoil in the financial markets. By David Enna, Tipswatch.com In the midst of a highly volatile bond market, the Treasury’s offering of a reopened 10-year TIPS — CUSIP 91282CEZ0 — generated a real to maturity of 1.248%, … Continue reading
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com Back in early July, I wrote an article suggesting a strategy of staggering purchases of short-term Treasurys to boost your gains on cash holdings. I raised this idea because yields on Treasury bills (often called T-bills) … Continue reading
Have you given up on longer-term Treasurys? It’s time to get back in the game. By David Enna, Tipswatch.com You’ll never see me screaming “buy, buy, buy” like CNBC’s resident madman, Jim Cramer, but I do think that sensible, conservative … Continue reading
I won’t say ‘yes,’ but TIPS in general look attractive for the first time in several years. By David Enna, Tipswatch.com For many years, I’ve been tracking the price of the iShares TIP ETF, which holds the full array of … Continue reading