- Is the Federal Reserve really tightening? So far, not so much.
- A Greek-Italian restaurant can tell you a lot about real world inflation
- Confused by TIPS prices? Here’s a walk-through.
- New 10-year TIPS gets real yield of 0.630% at auction, a nice result for investors
- This week’s 10-year TIPS auction has ‘potential’
- Social Security COLA looks likely to rise about 10% for 2023
- June inflation hits new highs: 1.3% for the month, 9.1% year over year
- A 10-year TIPS is maturing Friday. How did it do as an investment?
- Looking to put cash to work? Consider short-term Treasury bills
- Are TIPS broken?
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Author Archives: Tipswatch
Quantitative tightening will have to ramp up in coming months if the Fed wants to bring U.S. inflation down. By David Enna, Tipswatch.com The basic monetary rule of the last two decades has been this: When the economy slips lower … Continue reading
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com Editor’s note: This is an updated version of an article I first wrote in 2017 and revised in 2021. There’s a restaurant in my hometown – Charlotte, N.C. – that has been in business continuously at … Continue reading
Yes, you can make sense of the complex pricing of Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities. By David Enna, Tipswatch.com Last week, I decided to buy $15,000 of the new 10-year Treasury Inflation-Protected Security — CUSIP 91282CEZ0 — being offered at auction by … Continue reading
A weak bid-to-cover ratio of 2.18 indicates lousy demand from big-money investors. By David Enna, Tipswatch.com The Treasury’s offering of $17 billion in a new 10-year Treasury Inflation-Protected Security — CUSIP 91282CEZ0 — generated a real yield to maturity of … Continue reading
But beware: Real yields are volatile; even hour to hour By David Enna, Tipswatch.com Update, July 21: New 10-year TIPS gets real yield of 0.630% at auction, a nice result for investors The Treasury on Thursday will auction $17 billion in … Continue reading