- Another milestone: The yield advantage for EE Savings Bonds has disappeared
- 10-year TIPS reopening auction gets real yield of 1.248%, highest in more than 12 years
- Short-term Treasurys: Even more attractive now.
- This week’s 10-year TIPS reopening auction is worth a serious look
- The TIP ETF just dipped below $110. Is that a buy signal?
- Charts tell the story: The Federal Reserve has room to move (and keep) rates higher
- U.S. inflation rose 0.1% in August: What it means for TIPS, I Bonds and Social Security COLA
- Let’s ‘try’ to clarify how an I Bond’s interest is calculated
- Video: An economist offers a common-sense look at U.S. inflation
- What’s up with those crazy real yields on ultra-short-term TIPS?
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Cash alternatives
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com Back in early July, I wrote an article suggesting a strategy of staggering purchases of short-term Treasurys to boost your gains on cash holdings. I raised this idea because yields on Treasury bills (often called T-bills) … Continue reading
Confusing? Aggravating? Of course, but also correct. By David Enna, Tipswatch.com I’ve had several communications recently from readers who are new to U.S. Series I Savings Bonds and freaking out by the apparently low interest payments reported so far on … Continue reading
13- and 26-week Treasury bills are an ideal way to maximize yield on your short-term savings. Here’s how to get started … By David Enna, Tipswatch.com When you get to be a certain age, cash becomes a lovely thing. Anyone … Continue reading
May 2, 2022 update: Treasury holds I Bond’s fixed rate at 0.0%; composite rate soars to 9.62%. By David Enna, Tipswatch.com Over the last year, U.S. Series I Savings Bonds have transformed from a little-noticed, quaint mom-and-pop investment to one … Continue reading
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com U.S. Series I Savings Bonds are one of the nation’s most talked-about investments of 2021, especially now that their inflation-adjusted interest rate has surged to 7.12% at the November 1 reset. Glowing articles have been popping … Continue reading