- I Bonds vs. TIPS: Right now, it’s clearly ‘advantage TIPS’
- 10-year TIPS reopening auction gets real yield of 1.485%, highest in more than 12 years
- Uncertainty surrounds this week’s 10-year TIPS auction
- This week, I bought a historically disastrous TIPS
- October inflation cools a bit, coming in below expectations
- Short-term I Bond investors: Be patient with your exit strategy
- Treasury sets I Bond’s new fixed rate at 0.4%; composite rate is now 6.89%
- Coming tomorrow: The Treasury’s decision on the I Bond’s fixed rate
- TreasuryDirect, this is not acceptable.
- Want to stash I Bonds in a ‘gift box’? Do it by Wednesday.
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Federal Reserve
Fed president James Bullard gave auction investors a gift today. By David Enna, Tipswatch.com Investors in today’s Treasury offering of $15 billion in a 10-year TIPS reopening auction should give a tip of the hat to St. Louis Fed president … Continue reading
Have we passed the peak for real yields? Or is this another head-fake? By David Enna, Tipswatch.com Well, that was a wild week. Look back to Nov. 3, when both 5- and 10-year TIPS real yields were closing in on … Continue reading
Will the Federal Reserve take this as a signal to begin slowing interest rate increases? By David Enna, Tipswatch.com The stock and bond markets finally got a positive surprise today with the release of the October inflation report, with monthly … Continue reading
Investors benefited from turmoil in the financial markets. By David Enna, Tipswatch.com In the midst of a highly volatile bond market, the Treasury’s offering of a reopened 10-year TIPS — CUSIP 91282CEZ0 — generated a real to maturity of 1.248%, … Continue reading