- 10-year TIPS reopening looks likely to hover near record-low real yield
- August inflation: What it means for Social Security COLA, I Bonds and TIPS
- I Bonds vs. TIPS: What’s the best bet for inflation protection?
- Here’s what a Greek-Italian restaurant can teach you about inflation
- 30-year TIPS reopening auction gets a record-low real yield of -0.292%
- This week’s 30-year TIPS reopening auction could set a record-low yield
- July inflation: What it means for TIPS, I Bonds and Social Security COLA
- Any chance the Treasury will raise the I Bond’s fixed rate in November?
- A 10-year TIPS matured in July. How did it do as an investment?
- Auction of new 10-year TIPS gets record-low real yield of -1.016%
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: January 2015
The Treasury just announced that its auction of CUSIP 912828H45 – a new 10-year Treasury Inflation-Protected Security – resulted in a yield to maturity of 0.315% and a coupon rate of 0.250%. Buyers at the auction got a much better … Continue reading
The Treasury today will create a new 10-year Treasury Inflation-Protected Security – CUSIP 912828H45, with the coupon rate to be determined at auction. Non-competitive bids, like those placed at Treasury Direct, must be made by noon; competitive bids need to … Continue reading
Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities are often cited as being reasonably safe against deflation, because when held to maturity they will return the original ‘par’ value, even if deflation strikes with vengeance. In other words, the value can never go below ‘par’ … Continue reading
The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) declined 0.4% in December on a seasonally adjusted basis, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Over the last 12 months, the all items index increased 0.8%. From August until … Continue reading
The Treasury just announced next week’s TIPS auction: CUSIP 912828H45, a new issue with the coupon rate to be determined at auction. This auction will come amid a lot of turmoil in financial markets, with Treasury yields plummeting while the … Continue reading