- I Bonds vs. TIPS: Right now, it’s clearly ‘advantage TIPS’
- 10-year TIPS reopening auction gets real yield of 1.485%, highest in more than 12 years
- Uncertainty surrounds this week’s 10-year TIPS auction
- This week, I bought a historically disastrous TIPS
- October inflation cools a bit, coming in below expectations
- Short-term I Bond investors: Be patient with your exit strategy
- Treasury sets I Bond’s new fixed rate at 0.4%; composite rate is now 6.89%
- Coming tomorrow: The Treasury’s decision on the I Bond’s fixed rate
- TreasuryDirect, this is not acceptable.
- Want to stash I Bonds in a ‘gift box’? Do it by Wednesday.
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: I Bond
With this strategy, you can bypass the $10,000 per person purchase limit, but there are potential drawbacks. By David Enna, Tipswatch.com Throughout this year, I have read with — at first, disbelief, and later, fascination — as devotees of U.S. … Continue reading
Rarely seen: High real yield, high coupon rate, discount to par value. Update: New 5-year TIPS auctions with a real yield of 1.732%, highest in 15 years By David Enna, Tipswatch.com The U.S. Treasury on Thursday will offer $21 billion in … Continue reading
The 9.62% annualized rate for six months is a huge advantage. By David Enna, Tipswatch.com Here we are, in the U.S. Series I Savings Bond’s “limbo fortnight,” a period when we know the current composite rate (9.62% annualized, good for … Continue reading
But will it? The odds are better now. The data clearly support a higher fixed rate. By David Enna, Tipswatch.com How the U.S. Treasury sets the fixed rate on the Series I Savings Bond is wrapped in mystery. No one … Continue reading