- Treasury announces plans to step up T-bill issuance
- Question: Is inflation dead?
- Follow-up: I pulled the trigger on the February 2042 TIPS
- Looking to invest in longer-term TIPS? There’s a problem.
- 10-year TIPS reopening auction gets a real yield of 1.395%, 2nd highest in 12 years
- Thursday’s 10-year TIPS reopening auction looks attractive; ignore the Treasury turmoil
- U.S. inflation increased 0.4% in April, continuing a gradual downward trend
- I’m in Ecuador. What’s happening in the rest of the world?
- My schedule … and what’s coming next
- I Bond’s fixed rate will rise to 0.9% on May 1, TreasuryDirect says
- Bloomberg: Current yields
- Chart: 10-year inflation breakeven rates
- Chart: 30-year TIPS inflation breakeven rates
- Chart: 5-year TIPS inflation breakeven rates
- Graph: 10-year TIPS yields
- Graph: 5-year TIPS yields
- Historical Auction Query
- Historical inflation data
- Historical TIPS data
- Tentative auction schedule
- TIPS in Depth
- TIPS/CPI Data
- Treasury Direct
- U.S. Inflation Calculator
- U.S. Treasury Real Yield Curve
- WSJ: Current TIPS values
I know the redemption would not count against the purchase limit, but if I redeemed to my Treasury Direct account…
Many are so used to ZIRP they have difficulty with higher rates. This is why we hear every month the…
it came out at 5.195% or 4 basis points below the last week 4 week bill. I would call that…
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Investing in TIPS
Thoughts on this week’s 5-year TIPS auction: It’s complicated
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com The U.S. Treasury on Thursday will auction $21 billion of a new 5-year Treasury Inflation-Protected Security, CUSIP 91282CGW5. The coupon rate and real yield to maturity will be set by the auction results. For months, I … Continue reading
Posted in Bank CDs, Inflation, Investing in TIPS, TreasuryDirect 51 Comments
I Bond dilemma: Buy in April, buy in May, or don’t buy at all?
The I Bond’s fixed rate could rise to 0.6% or higher on May 1. Should you wait? Or look at alternatives? By David Enna, Tipswatch.com Update, April 28, 2023: Treasury raises I Bond’s fixed rate to 0.9%; new composite rate … Continue reading
March inflation report sets I Bond’s new variable rate at 3.38%
Annual U.S. inflation fell to 5.0% in March, but core inflation rose to 5.6%. By David Enna, Tipswatch.com Update, April 28, 2023: Treasury raises I Bond’s fixed rate to 0.9%; new composite rate is 4.30% The just-released U.S. inflation report … Continue reading
Posted in Federal Reserve, I Bond, Inflation, Investing in TIPS, Savings Bond 50 Comments
After three months of volatility, where do we stand?
TIPS remain attractive. And now bank CDs are worth a serious look. By David Enna, Tipswatch.com It’s been kind of wild to go from seeing the possibility of TIPS with a real yield of 2% in early March to the … Continue reading
Posted in Bank CDs, Cash alternatives, ETFs, I Bond, Inflation, Investing in TIPS, Treasury Bills 45 Comments
10-year TIPS reopening auction gets real yield of 1.182%
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com The U.S. Treasury just reported that its offering of $15 billion in a reopened 10-year TIPS — CUSIP 91282CGK1 — generated a real yield to maturity of 1.182%, a bit higher than expected. This TIPS has … Continue reading
Posted in Investing in TIPS 19 Comments
Yes, the purchase limit is not affected by an I Bond redemption. It remains $10,000 per person per year.