- This week’s 10-year TIPS reopening auction still looks attractive
- Bond market shakeup: Where we stand today
- U.S. inflation increased 0.4% in February; annual rate falls to 6.0%
- My schedule … and what’s coming next
- I Bonds: Let’s handicap the May fixed-rate reset
- Debt-limit crisis: Lessons from the 2011 earthquake
- January Inflation: What It Means for Your Savings
- Short-term Treasurys: Is it time to go out a little longer?
- I Bonds: Here’s a simple way to track current value
- 30-year TIPS auction gets a real yield of 1.55%, highest in nearly 12 years
- Bloomberg: Current yields
- Chart: 10-year inflation breakeven rates
- Chart: 30-year TIPS inflation breakeven rates
- Chart: 5-year TIPS inflation breakeven rates
- Graph: 10-year TIPS yields
- Graph: 5-year TIPS yields
- Historical Auction Query
- Historical inflation data
- Historical TIPS data
- Tentative auction schedule
- TIPS in Depth
- TIPS/CPI Data
- Treasury Direct
- U.S. Inflation Calculator
- U.S. Treasury Real Yield Curve
- WSJ: Current TIPS values
I repeat - heads will roll if Roku got $500 million guaranteed in excess of the FDIC $250,000 limit, but…
That's only 1.5 months worth of Fed runoff on their balance sheet ($60 billion Treasuries, $35 billion MBS each month)…
The 10 year is dropping fast, now at 1.18.
Thanks for this comment. My internet connection the last two days has not allowed me to post or respond.
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Investing in TIPS
New 10-year TIPS auctions with a real yield of 1.22%, to apparently high demand
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com After a week of declining yields in the Treasury market, a new 10-year TIPS auctioned Thursday with a real yield to maturity of 1.22%, a bit lower than looked likely just before the auction’s close. This … Continue reading
Posted in Investing in TIPS 54 Comments
Let’s do a quick check-in on Thursday’s 10-year TIPS auction
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com After another day of turmoil in financial markets, real yields slipped lower Wednesday heading into Thursday’s originating auction for CUSIP 91282CGK1, creating a 10-year Treasury Inflation-Protected Security. A lot happened, I guess. I was out of … Continue reading
Posted in Investing in TIPS 23 Comments
A 10-year TIPS matured Sunday. How did it do as an investment?
Despite a real yield deeply negative to inflation, CUSIP 912828UH1 outperformed a nominal 10-year Treasury. By David Enna, Tipswatch.com Sometimes what looks like a perfectly awful investment will end up surprising you. That is the case with CUSIP 912828UH1, a … Continue reading
Posted in Inflation, Investing in TIPS, TreasuryDirect 5 Comments
The first 10-year TIPS of the ‘new era’ will auction Thursday. Interested?
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com It’s almost hard to believe, but this new age of higher interest rates is only about seven months old. A lot has changed in the last year. Back on Jan. 14, 2022, a 10-year Treasury Inflation-Protected … Continue reading
Posted in Inflation, Investing in TIPS 57 Comments
U.S. inflation fell 0.1% in December; a sign of things to come?
Data for three months indicate the I Bond’s variable rate could fall to 0.0%. What does it mean for investors? By David Enna, Tipswatch.com U.S. inflation transitioned to deflation in December, with the all-items Consumer Price Index for All Urban … Continue reading
Posted in Federal Reserve, I Bond, Inflation, Investing in TIPS 20 Comments
Patrick, you wrote: "Brokered CDs do not compound interest, so CDs that pay every six months or annually are not…