- August headline inflation came in below the consensus for the month and year. Core inflation was also below the consensus.
- The current trend in CPI-W would place the 2019 Social Security cost-of-living increase in a range of 2.7% to 3.0%, with one month remaining for the calculation.
- Non-seasonally adjusted inflation increased just 0.06% in August, after a 0.01% increase in July. What does this mean for TIPS and I Bonds?
- I have updated my Tracking Inflation and I Bonds page with the new numbers.
- I have also updated my Social Security COLA page with an update on the 2018 calculation.
- And here are the updated October Inflation Indexes for all TIPS.