- 10-year TIPS reopening looks likely to hover near record-low real yield
- August inflation: What it means for Social Security COLA, I Bonds and TIPS
- I Bonds vs. TIPS: What’s the best bet for inflation protection?
- Here’s what a Greek-Italian restaurant can teach you about inflation
- 30-year TIPS reopening auction gets a record-low real yield of -0.292%
- This week’s 30-year TIPS reopening auction could set a record-low yield
- July inflation: What it means for TIPS, I Bonds and Social Security COLA
- Any chance the Treasury will raise the I Bond’s fixed rate in November?
- A 10-year TIPS matured in July. How did it do as an investment?
- Auction of new 10-year TIPS gets record-low real yield of -1.016%
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Inflation
‘Talking about talking about’ is a signal that real yields could be rising By David Enna, Tipswatch.com Jerome Powell, chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve, made some significant statements last week with the potential to shake up both the stock … Continue reading
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com Can anyone make the case that a 5-year Treasury Inflation-Protected Security with a yield lagging inflation by 1.73% and an upfront premium cost of nearly 10% makes sense as an investment? Hey, I can. But that … Continue reading
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com For the third month in a row, U.S. inflation surged to higher-than-expected levels in May, reaching the highest annual level in nearly 13 years, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. The Consumer Price Index for … Continue reading
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com I’ve been writing about inflation and inflation-protected investments for 10 years, and most of that time, actual U.S. inflation has been sleepy and dull. Suddenly, but not too surprisingly, that has changed. Official U.S. inflation — … Continue reading
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com The March inflation report, released April 13, is going to create a lot of interest in U.S. Series I Savings Bonds, because the bond’s inflation-adjusted variable rate – for purchases from May to October — will … Continue reading