- I Bonds vs. TIPS: Right now, it’s clearly ‘advantage TIPS’
- 10-year TIPS reopening auction gets real yield of 1.485%, highest in more than 12 years
- Uncertainty surrounds this week’s 10-year TIPS auction
- This week, I bought a historically disastrous TIPS
- October inflation cools a bit, coming in below expectations
- Short-term I Bond investors: Be patient with your exit strategy
- Treasury sets I Bond’s new fixed rate at 0.4%; composite rate is now 6.89%
- Coming tomorrow: The Treasury’s decision on the I Bond’s fixed rate
- TreasuryDirect, this is not acceptable.
- Want to stash I Bonds in a ‘gift box’? Do it by Wednesday.
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Inflation
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com When I was a kid, my parents encouraged me to open a “passbook savings account” at a nearby savings & loan. As I recall, that account was paying 5% interest. At the time, I wasn’t impressed. … Continue reading
‘We are, unfortunately, about to go through a period of prolonged, persistent high inflation.’ By David Enna, Tipswatch.com There’s a lot of speculation in financial markets right now about an upcoming dip in U.S. inflation, triggered by a strong decline … Continue reading
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com Just about every month, I get emails or comments from readers pointing out what appears to be extremely attractive real yields on very short-term TIPS — especially those maturing in less than a year. My usual … Continue reading