- 10-year TIPS reopening looks likely to hover near record-low real yield
- August inflation: What it means for Social Security COLA, I Bonds and TIPS
- I Bonds vs. TIPS: What’s the best bet for inflation protection?
- Here’s what a Greek-Italian restaurant can teach you about inflation
- 30-year TIPS reopening auction gets a record-low real yield of -0.292%
- This week’s 30-year TIPS reopening auction could set a record-low yield
- July inflation: What it means for TIPS, I Bonds and Social Security COLA
- Any chance the Treasury will raise the I Bond’s fixed rate in November?
- A 10-year TIPS matured in July. How did it do as an investment?
- Auction of new 10-year TIPS gets record-low real yield of -1.016%
TipsWatch on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: June 2021
‘Talking about talking about’ is a signal that real yields could be rising By David Enna, Tipswatch.com Jerome Powell, chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve, made some significant statements last week with the potential to shake up both the stock … Continue reading
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com The Treasury’s reopening auction of CUSIP 91282CCA7 — creating a 4-year, 10 month Treasury Inflation-Protected Security — went off today with a real yield to maturity of -1.416%, about 31 basis points higher than where this … Continue reading
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com Can anyone make the case that a 5-year Treasury Inflation-Protected Security with a yield lagging inflation by 1.73% and an upfront premium cost of nearly 10% makes sense as an investment? Hey, I can. But that … Continue reading
By David Enna, Tipswatch.com For the third month in a row, U.S. inflation surged to higher-than-expected levels in May, reaching the highest annual level in nearly 13 years, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. The Consumer Price Index for … Continue reading
The Lord Abbet Inflation Focused fund is a mixed-bag short-term corporate bond fund, not a typical TIPS fund By David Enna, Tipswatch.com I have an elderly friend (she’s 90+ years old so I think it’s OK to call her elderly) … Continue reading